Roe Valley Cycling Club

Race , touring & mtb

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trailquests

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobby Smyth

PostSubject: Trailquests   Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Can I just draw peoples' attention to the new Trailquest League that is being organised by Trailblazers. There will be 6 events starting with an event in the Northwest on the 22nd March. It is my understanding that the course will be set out around Burntollet, Ervey Wood and Loughermore. Each event will have a 4 hour time limit which would be a good workout for you roadies. I will certainly be going to as many of the events that I can. If you're interested, follow the link below.

Bobby

http://trailblazersmtbo.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercian man

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Bobby are these road events ? as any I have seen are mountain bike events. Sounds like fun but some of us dont know which way to hold a map ! Have you met Peter Cole ( in Roe Valley cc ) as he takes part in these events as well. I have been watching the results and you look to be fit & handy with a map !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/
Bobby Smyth

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:26 pm

These events are a mixture of road and off-road cycling and therefore require a mountainbike. The navigation is fairly simple and you need only know your left from your right and be able to orientate a map. I have met Peter Cole, in fact he had a very good run in the NWOC score event at Leamount last Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shirley Park

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi I have done many of the Dromara CC Trailquests and would love to get to these aswell, I traveled to a few of the Dromara events with Peter Cole and Mr Crommie A great pair...! Bobby I was also at Leamount last Saturday had a great run till i realized i hadn't started my watch...doh so ended up very late back Mad But for anyone thinking of doing these events get out there they are great fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Bobby if your interested pencil me in. I take it you can run as a team up to three ? I can bluff for an hour not so sure about four though. You can read the map i'd probably be hopeless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bobby Smyth

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:30 pm

No worries Keith, I'll team up with you. We'll have to get out for a training run before the first event as I'll need to practice "drafting" behind you for as long as possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercian man

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 am

Very Happy Very Happy No pressure Lads but Sammy , Liam and myself will be there and when I told Sammy that Bobby Smyth , Peter Cole and Keith Sharp would be there, he said that will be good fun and we will use short cuts !. Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailquests   

Back to top Go down

Trailquests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roe Valley Cycling Club :: Main Forum-
Jump to: