Roe Valley Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roe Valley Cycling Club

Race , touring & mtb

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bobs bar charity run

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keith

Bobs bar charity run Empty
PostSubject: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:27 am

We managed to avoid the worst of the weather and a stiff headwind from Greencastle to the Foyle bridge meant a group working together could make good headway. After the inital charge off the ferry everythng settled down and groups quickly formed. Quite a few Roe Valley CC members had turned out and everyone enjoyed the day. Special mention must go to schoolboy blaine Cole who along with his dad Paul completed the 50 plus miles in style and also schoolboy chris henderson who impressed with his fluid pedalling style and covered the miles with ease.
Back to top Go down
Mercian man

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Yes Blaine and Christopher had a good day with Christopher comming home with a 18.2 mph ave and Blaine rode home after the event ! Arron Hanna finished in the second bunch on his MTB with super Sammy and Liam who both enjoyed the event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/
Shirley Park

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:02 am

Can anyone tell me is there a official site for this event, looking for some pictures of it and to find out who was first in and how long it took them and how long the the last person on the course took? want to put a bit about it on my blog but cant find anything Question
Back to top Go down
Mercian man

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:33 am

Shirley I don't think anyone was taking photo's or have a web site. The first group in was about 10 Roe Valley cc members who finished about 12.50 with a second group in around 1.00. A few small groups came in before Christopher Henderson and myself then the rest finished in ones and two's.
I take my hat off to all the non cyclists who rode the event as the head wind into Muff must have been hard for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris531/
Shirley Park

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Pity, but yea the non cyclists im sure found it very tough and fair play to them all, I lost 2 groups the 2nd one had this very nerving fella all over the place and I just couldn't sit beside him as he near hit me twice so ended up on my own for most of the way but was happy enough comming in at 1.30 ..!
Back to top Go down
merv

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:55 am

shirley, see you appearing on the forum again. not sure if you are aware, but we are having a regular thursday night run leaving bells hill carpark on the edge of the bypass at 7pm starting tomorrow night. not sure if you already know about this, but you are more than welcome to join us for a quiet run out and we guarantee you won't be on your own.
Back to top Go down
Shirley Park

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:23 pm

merv wrote:
shirley, see you appearing on the forum again. not sure if you are aware, but we are having a regular thursday night run leaving bells hill carpark on the edge of the bypass at 7pm starting tomorrow night. not sure if you already know about this, but you are more than welcome to join us for a quiet run out and we guarantee you won't be on your own.

Thanks Merv, not too sure were Bells hill carpark is but im in coleraine at the mo and moving to ballymoney at the end of this month if anyone else was coming from my direction i would e more than happy to get out sometime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobs bar charity run   Bobs bar charity run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobs bar charity run
Page 1 of 1